Planning a remodel or whole house renovation?  Have a question about what is allowed by the county for property and noise?  Not sure if something you have on your property is in compliance with County Code?  Follow the links below for information that may be of help.

Arden-Park NPA for a PDF copy of the Arden Park NPA Guidelines

Sacramento County SPAs and NPAs  for a list of all Special and Neighborhood Preservation Areas and their corresponding guidelines

Sacramento County Codes and Ordinances for a complete listing of County Codes, including Health & Sanitation, Animals, Vehicles & Traffic, Public Peace, Morals & Safety, and many more

Always contact the County Building Department proactively (dial 311 from your mobile or land line) if you plan to do a home renovation or room addition, to ensure you build your plans in accordance with building regulations.  It is NO FUN when you plan and get your heart set on something only to find it not be approved, or worse, proceed with the build and then have to remove it when the inspector finds you out of compliance!

NOTE:  The APHA does not regulate or enforce building codes.  When appropriate we may advocate on behalf of the neighborhood if proposed changes would be detrimental to our residents.  However, as an all volunteer organization, we DO NOT maintain resources to review architectural plans or intervene if a resident has a complaint about a neighbor’s construction.  We WILL route you to the right authorities or processes for you to follow based on your issue.